Known as the “King” of spices, black pepper (Piper nigrum), a perennial crop of the tropics, is economically the most important and the most widely used spice crop of the world.
Chemical Composition of Dried Pepper (in Percentage)
|Volatile ether extract||0.3–4.2|
|Nonvolatile ether extract||3.9–11.5|
|Starch (acid hydrolysis)||28.0–49.0|
|Acid insoluble ash||0.03–0.55|
Standard quality specifications
Quality standards approved by the Sri Lanka Standard Institute are given below
|Sp. Grade I||Grade I||FAQ|
|Mouldy berries %||1||1||2|
|Other extraneous matter %( insects live or dead, stones, sand, plant parts, mammalian fecal matter etc.)||1||1||2|
|Light berries %||Max. 4||Max. 4||Max.10|
Black Pepper Health Benefits
1.Anti-biotic properties:Black pepper has natural antibiotic characteristics owing to its Vitamin C content. They curb harmful free radical reactions. This is one of the prime uses of black pepper
2. Gastro diseases: Black pepper eases the digestion process by secreting hydrochloric acid as an alert before food consumption and hence, helps in prevention of diseases related to the intestine and stomach
3. Bacterial infections: Black pepper helps in treating diseases caused due to bacteria. The influence of black pepper has been observed while treating conditions like constipation, diarrhoea and colic.
4. Cough and cold: Surprisingly, the spice is also acts as a remedy for cough and cold. The antibacterial properties of black pepper are used for treating respiratory disorders
5. Flu and congestion: Black pepper eases congestion The free-radical scavenging activity of black pepper helps in treatment of cancer. It slows down the activity of some types of cancer. Black pepper finds its application in skin cancer
6. Free radical suspension:It generates free radical killing action that curbs the cancerous activities in the body
7. Metabolism:Black pepper helps in boosting metabolism in the body. It burns unwanted calories and helps in reducing belly fat. Black pepper is very effective against obesity. Daily consumption of black pepper helps in reducing stomach related problems
8. Skin treatment:The use of black pepper in diet helps to improve skin condition and promotes weight loss Black pepper finds it application in Ayurveda also. If you have not tried black pepper in the daily diet, go for it.
9. Dental health: Black pepper is helpful in improving dental health. It helps fight tooth decay and provides quick relief from tooth ache.
10. Anti-depressant: Black pepper is a natural anti-depressant. Piperine present in black pepper acts as an anti-depressant and stimulates the nervous system. As a result of that, the cognitive capacity is improved.
Black Pepper Skin Benefits:
Are you looking for a healthy and glowing skin? Have tried out various products in the market but not happy yet? It’s time to try out one of the best and most natural ingredients for your skin that is right there on your kitchen shelf! The black pepper has skin benefits that match no other spice.
Here’s a quick look at how this potent spice can do wonders for your skin:
11. Vitiligo Cure: Vitiligo is a skin condition that causes skin to lose its pigmentation in certain areas. When your skin loses its natural pigmentation, it turns white. There are many different treatments for this skin disease but a majority of them involve use of harsh chemicals. Many patients are now turning to black pepper as a cure. According to some researchers from London, Piperine found in black pepper stimulates production of pigmentation in the skin, providing a safe, natural alternative to chemical-based treatments.
12. Goodbye wrinkles: The high amount of anti-oxidants present in black pepper helps your skin by protecting it against symptoms of premature ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. Instead of buying expensive creams and serums that promise to rejuvenate your skin, add black pepper to your daily diet and see its miraculous effect on your skin.
13. Cancer Prevention: Black pepper is a well-known deterrent against skin cancer that is caused by excessive exposure to harmful UV radiation.
14. Exfoliation: Crush some black pepper and make a scrub to remove dead skin cells and exfoliate your skin. This will help remove toxins from your skin, leaving it soft and radiant. Black pepper also helps promote blood circulation and provides more oxygen and nutrients to your skin. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help prevent acne.
Black Pepper Hair Benefits:
If you thought the benefits of black pepper were limited only to your skin, you’re mistaken. This spice is known to have amazing properties to give you beautiful and healthy hair.
Here are a few ways that black pepper works on your hair:
15. Dandruff Treatment: If you’re suffering from dandruff problems, black pepper is the best treatment. Add a teaspoonful of crushed pepper to a bowl of curd and apply it on your scalp, leaving it on for 30 minutes or so. Wash off with water. Do not use shampoo. If you want, you can shampoo the next day, as this will give the mixture ample time to work on the dandruff. Remember not to overdo the pepper as excess will make your scalp burn, causing extreme discomfort.
16. Hair Revitalization: Mixture a teaspoonful of ground black pepper and lemon seeds and apply to your scalp and hair. This will revitalize your hair, making it shiny, lustrous and soft. Leave the mixture on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
We have black pepper range from 500GL, 550GL and Big Pepper (450 to 500GL) which is called Heavy Berries or Black Pepper Heavy Berries. We can also offer immature pepper with a density of around 300 to 400GL which is mainly used in oleoresin industries for oil and oleoresin extractions on piperine basis which is called “Light Berries”.
Packing is undertaken as per customer request which can range from 500g , 1 kg , 2kg, 5kg, 10 kg, 25 kg & 50 Kg poly propylene bags.